Many of my clients are well-educated people interested in dating someone intelligent with a similar education level. And I know they can find someone like that by doing an advanced search on most of the larger dating sites, such as Match.com, Matchmaker.com, or Plenty of Fish. But they can also try a site that specializes in those types of matches--Elite Singles.
Since 2008, Elite Singles (www.elitesingles.com) has been helping educated singles find lasting relationships. In fact, it claims that 2,500 people find love by using its site each month--or one every 8 minutes! 82% of its members are college educated, and over 2/3 have at least a Bachelor's degree. Many are "relatively affluent" as well.
And the site has other things to recommend it:
- It attracts over 165,000 new members each month
- It safeguards members against fraud by personally screening every profile with "manual profile verification"
- It periodically removes the profiles of nonactive users so you don't waste your time emailing people who are no longer seeking dates
- Over 90% of its members are age 30-55 and looking for a serious relationship
- It uses a 200-question psychologist-tested personality test to send you 3-7 close matches each day (based on 5 factors: openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism)
- It also lets you search for matches yourself
- Its fraud detection features work to cut down on scamming
I was out of the dating world when Elite Singles launched and so don't have personal experience with it, but I am beginning to recommend it to my clients. Any site that takes fraud detection seriously is worth a try in my opinion...especially for older daters (the majority of my clients). Since many singles over 55 aren't as computer savvy as the rest of the population, they are easy targets for scammers.
I also direct clients to this website, which lists statistics about educational levels of users on dozens of online dating sites: http://www.giveyourhandabreak.com/education/
Here are some of the sites with the largest percentages of college-educated members:
1. TallFriends.com - 60%
2. RepublicanPeopleMeet.com - 54%
4. SoulGeek.com - 51%
4. MillionaireMatch.com - 48%
5. Match.com - 47%
6. JDate.com - 46%
Here's hoping you find your intellectual match! If you need moral support or guidance for reaching out and writing emails etc., let me know. I'm always happy to help.
P.S. I have no education level stats on this site for more liberal people (http://liberalhearts.com/), but, in the interest of fairness, I offer it to balance out the mention of RepublicanPeopleMeet.com above. 😉