Friday, March 29, 2019

4 SECRETS FOR GETTING MORE REPLIES FROM ONLINE DATING PROSPECTS

Sick and tired of taking so much time to search for and email prospects on one online dating site after another...only to have it result in few if any replies? I get it. I've been there. And I hear this complaint a lot from my dating coaching clients.

But it doesn't have to be this way. 

You can learn smarter ways to write an initial email and then see your reply rate improve a lot! In fact, I got double the number of responses when I used the strategies below.

These 4 tips can help you increase your chances of hearing back from the people you write to:

1) BE PROACTIVE: Write only to people active in the last week (the website usually tells you this) and be sure to write at least 5-10 people a week. Online dating is a numbers game--the more folks you contact, the greater your chances of replies in your mailbox. 

Also: make sure to monitor the website every day so you can write to new people within a day or two of their joining itThat's how I met my life partner 4 years ago. I wrote him the 2nd week he was on the site, before he had an onslaught of e-mail from other people...and he was very receptive to and excited about hearing from me since he was new to online dating. What a nice surprise that it turned out we were a great match for and immediately attracted to each other too! 

2) GET PERSONAL: Send a full personalized email (rather than a 1-click "Wink" or "Smile"). Give a sincere compliment about one specific thing the person wrote in his/her own words. Sound enthusiastic and impressed. In fact, I always used the subject line "I'm impressed!" in every email I sent. 

And don't be afraid to be the initiator. That's the only way I met the various men I dated online; the people who contacted me often weren't my type.

3) START A CONVERSATION: Ask a question about a hobby/interest or a passion you share with the person to get a conversation going. He/she will be much likelier to reply if there's a question to answer about a common interest as you begin a getting-to-know-you dialogue.

4) USE A STRONG CLOSING STATEMENT: Make sure the last line of your email gives the person hope of a connection. I always ended with "I have a bunch of the qualities you're looking for in a woman, and you have most of the traits I'm seeking in a guy. I think we're a good match...what do you think?" I sounded "sold" on him and then asked his opinion, so he'd be more likely to look closely at my profile. That way, he wouldn't make a snap judgment just based on my photo, age, or location--and would read more about me to determine whether he and I were compatible in other more important ways.

If you're having trouble writing the type of email I just described, call me (267-245-3023) or email me (gayle@datingsuccesscoaching.com). I can help you get started and feel more comfortable with the process. Then, you can push "send" on a bunch of emails and enjoy the many positive replies you'll get!






No comments:

Post a Comment