Tuesday, June 16, 2020

How Gratitude Helps You in the Dating World

"Gratitude not only helps us feel more confident, but it's scientifically proven to help us win new relationships." 
That is according to a matchmaker with Tawkify, a human-powered matchmaking website launched in 2012. "When you're more grateful for the life you already have, you're more likely to see dating as a fun way to meet new people and not a challenging task that isn't going anywhere for you."
I've written many times before about the importance of confidence in the dating world. In fact, another coach I follow says it's 70% of the dating success formula. I'm sure we'd all agree that a confident person is more attractive than a timid, insecure person--and lots more fun to be with. But the idea that gratitude facilitates confidence puts an interesting new spin on it!
It makes perfect sense that people who are grateful for what they already have in their lives would be more confident in pursuing other things too--like dating partners. The fact that such folks see dating as "a fun way to meet new people and not a challenging task" is the key point. They're focusing on the positive--which is a great approach when striving toward any life goal.
Rather than worrying about what they don't have, they savor what they DO have--and feel far more content. They exude what I like to call "happy vibes," which naturally attract others to them. Sounds simple...but, if you've had more dating disappointments than successes, you may find it hard to stay in a happy, positive place. I get it. I clearly remember having many bouts of sadness in the years I was dating.
Doesn't it make sense then to use gratitude as a tool to get you back to feeling positive? Research shows that even writing a short list of things you're grateful for 5 minutes every day can have a beneficial impact on your mood and attitude. Do you do that regularly? If not, I highly recommend it. I make a list of 10 things I'm grateful for every day, and it makes me feel calm and content, no matter what's going on in my life.
Ready to feel more positive about the dating world? Then count your blessings! If you need moral support to do that more often, let me know. I'd be happy to help!
Email: gayle@datingsuccesscoaching.com  Phone: 267-245-3023

No comments:

Post a Comment