Friday, January 24, 2020

DATING TIPS FOR WOMEN FROM MEN

In my dating days, I found it valuable to ask my men friends for tips about dating. Getting their point of view really helped me see the dating world in a new light. I'm sure it can help you single ladies too. Read on...

Here is some valuable advice from a survey of over 3,000 men done by dating website Zoosk:

1) Feel free to make the first move. 
The survey showed that men overwhelmingly love it if you initiate things:
o 94% of men like it when a woman approaches them first in a social setting. 
o 96% of guys prefer it when a woman emails them first on a dating website. 

It's true. Men like an assertive woman who knows what she wants. So, go ahead, ladies! Don't be afraid to reach out first. That's what I always did online, and it helped me meet all the men I dated since 2001, including my current partner.
2) Honesty is just as important as attraction.
The survey showed that:
o 33% of men listed attraction as the #1 quality they seek in a woman.
o 31% listed honesty as the #1 quality.
3) Know what you want but be open-minded.
It's good to be clear about the traits you want in a partner, but try not to make snap judgments about a man's long-term potential after just one conversation. Give guys a chance to reveal more about themselves.
4) Talk about your hobbies and interests.
This is a topic men are interested in during the first conversation in person or the first email online. They're curious about how much they have in common with you and what you enjoy doing in your free time.
5) If you're interested, let him know...and be direct rather than subtle.
Men want to know it's okay to talk to you, so you need to directly indicate that you've noticed him. A sincere compliment is a good way to do this.
6) Online, mention something specific that you liked about his profile.
Again, I recommend a sincere compliment about something that impressed you. And then men suggest that you add something unique about you too.
7) Be who you are, not who you think he wants you to be.
Men like it when women are confident enough to be authentic. Don't be afraid to just be you. If you're not his cup of tea, it's nothing personal. Just not a click.
8) Leave the past behind.
Don't talk about past relationships or problems when you first meet. There will be time for that later as you're getting to know and trust each other.

All good advice, in my opinion. Thanks, guys! If you're a woman who struggles with any of these things, let me know. I can help you feel more comfortable with the dating process...so you can start meeting nice guys like the ones who offered all these helpful tips. 

Contact me at gayle@datingsuccesscoaching.com or 267-245-3023

No comments:

Post a Comment